Marketing and Event Coordinator
The FFPTBO Committee that organizes Peterborough’s First Friday art crawl events is seeking the services of a Marketing and Event Coordinator. The Marketing and Event Coordinator will work largely independently and report to a committee made up of key organizers of FFPTBO. The successful candidate will communicate with local artists and businesses, FFPTBO volunteers, media, and the community to support the success of the FFPTBO. They will use their marketing, organizational skills, and creative thinking to ensure that First Friday events are well planned, run smoothly and attract a diversity of visitors. This role is vital in supporting FFPTBO to develop fun and memorable events and promotions that continue to grow our audience to downtown Peterborough. Our goal is to re-ignite our lively and engaging event series in the wake of the pandemic shut down, and set a course for 2021.
- Maintaining and updating the FFPTBO website and social media channels including YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Preparation of content for digital and print media
- Coordinating locations, artists, and entertainment
- Liaising with stakeholders and manage the flow of information as events are planned
- Corresponding with FFPTBO participants and committee members, government, and the community in response to inquiries
- Attending FFPTBO meetings and events
- Supporting the FFPTBO Committee in planning for 2021
Required Skills, Experience, and Eligibility:
- Demonstrated experience in marketing and public relations with an arts focus
- Knowledge of social media marketing strategies and implementation
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with the Peterborough arts scene and downtown Peterborough
- Photography and video documentation skills
- Creativity, maturity, and the ability to work with varied personalities and interests
- Must possess own laptop and have reliable access to Internet
- Preference given to practicing artists working in any medium
Hours: This is a part-time contract of 10-15 hours per month between October 1, 2020 and January 31, 2021.
Please send a resume and cover letter proposing your suitability for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “coordinator application” in the subject line.